Saturday, January 23, 2010

keeping busy

I have been a little bored lately. OK. I have been a lot bored lately. Len has been working like crazy this month, and I have been spending my evenings alone. Which is ok, I am not complaining. I am an introvert by nature. I really do enjoy having alone time, to think, and ponder about life, and what have you. But lately I don't really have much to ponder about. So I am just trying to keep myself busy. My house has really never been cleaner. Pathetic, but nice. Last week I took the kids with me to good will, and this is what I came home with.



At one time it must have been a piano bench, I think. The fabric on it was ugly. The finish was chipping off, and it wasn't all that cute......... Until I got hold of it!


I painted it black, and changed the fabric on the seat. You can't tell from the picture, but the fabric is a green/yellow color. I love it!

Maybe a new naughty chair?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute!! Good work.

Sarah Romer said...

Looks great! where did you get the fabric? I need to recover my dining room chairs (again.) :) By the way...I have been so bored too. Maybe I should come for a visit! :)

Tranchell Family said...

Way cute! I'm with Sarah, why the heck did we all move from Arizona??? I was never bored there. Good work, maybe you should come out here and help me with the dresser for my sewing crap! Miss ya.

Stauffer Family said...

Your chair looks amazing, nice transformation. I can't wait until I'm bored again. I have a list a mile long of things I want to do this summer.

spenceandcass said...

Good job! It looks great! I wish I found cool stuff like that when I went to good will.