Friday, May 14, 2010

the joys of parenthood

Before I ever had kids, I knew it all! I was going to be the perfect Mom. I read all the books, and I was set. Little did I know, that my children had a different plan. They couldn't just let me be the perfect mom. They had to teach me some much needed lessons. Becoming a Mother has been the most humbling experience I have ever had. I have had to carry a kicking and screaming child out of many a store while others watched. I have had my shirt pulled down, and up in public. I have chased my children through more stores than I can count. I have had to pay for countless treats my children have opened and eaten before I could stop them. I have been humiliated more times than I can count. Luckily for me, with each experience I have become a little more patient. I have learned to laugh at myself. I have also learned to really appreciate my Mother. This job isn't for just anyone.


I have also learned that not all moments in life have to be precious. This picture was taken prior to church. Owen stood where I wanted him to, and wore what I wanted him to wear, but he was NOT going to like it! Oh well, I still think he looks cute!

I feel so blessed to be a Mother. My children bring me such joy and happiness. They truly are gifts from God and I thank him daily for my beautiful babies!

3 comments:

The Andrews said...

I don't mind telling you that I love reading your posts! Being a Mom is a tough job sometimes. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that has been humiliated! lol..

By the way, I think that picture is darling! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember the story about the shirt pulling. LOL. Man, I love that, it's too funny!!!! -Kelsey

Sarah Romer said...

I thought I left a comment for you yesterday....but I don't know what happened. Anyway....I was cracking up over your splash mountain picture. Your next gift request from Lenny should be a DSLR camera. Then you can kiss that shutter lag goodbye! It looks like you had so much fun. I miss you!!! We need to come visit sometime.