Saturday, March 13, 2010

{team work!}

A couple weeks ago I took the kids to the children's museum. On our way home I happened to see an old, ugly dresser on the side of the road. It had a sign saying: {Take Me!} So that is just what I did. I brought it home and cleaned it off. I power sanded it for what seemed like years. Then I stained it, and varnished it. I was so excited to see it after all my hard work. When it dried, it didn't look very good. The varnish had soaked into the wood. Feeling a little annoyed, I put another two coats on, and I waited. But what I found when I returned, was an even uglier piece of furniture. I was not happy. So, Len had a great idea. He thought we should paint it. So I picked out some paint, and he got to work. He painted like a mad man. It has 7 coats in all (primer, paint, glaze and varnish).

*I am so happy with the results.
We put it in the dinning room. It holds my table cloths and such.

Owen was so excited we painted it red!


*note to readers: my walls are not painted peach. they are a pale yellow.

4 comments:

Tranchell Family said...

Wow, it looks great and I am proud of you for going red! Now can you please come and help me with my project????

Jenn said...

So cute Amber. I wish I had one!

Hillary Vaughan said...

Ok love the red by the way! And we will be there the SAME WEEK!! How funny! Email me your cell and I'll get you mine and we can meet up! That will be so fun! The entire Hislop fam will be there. :)

Sarah Romer said...

so Cute! And I love the red too. Your hard work definitely paid off!